Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition Revealed, Launches In April
Long rumored to be in development, Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition has officially been revealed during the latest Nintendo Direct, set to launch on April 7, 2022 and will be coming to the PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
This release is a remaster of the 1999 PlayStation Classic and it will include several changes such as disabling enemy encounters, an enhanced soundtrack, and the text-based Radical Dreamers side story.
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition new features
Here’s a list of the new features coming to the remastered version:
- 3D models converted to HD
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics
This certainly wasn’t in our bingo cards but it sure surprised everyone, especially RPG fans who have been wanting to see the Chrono series come to life once again.
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition is set to release on April 7, 2022 for the PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.