It’s time to pick up your axe once again as Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s first major expansion, Wrath of the Druids, will be available on April 29. In addition, a limited-time Ostara Festival event will be available until April 8 and will feature exclusive narrative content and in-game events accessible to all players for free.
The Ostara Season free update will include:
- Settlement decoration activity
- Drinking, Archery, and Fighting mini-games
- Three new character quests: Eivor can enjoy an Egg Hunt, the May-Queen celebration, and protect the settlement against night spirits
- Three new skills: Fearless Leaper lets Eivor land a mastered falling attack atop enemies, while the Raven’s Loot and Loot Food skills increase Eivor’s efficiency when at range or fighting close-up
- Exclusive rewards including settlement decorations and customization items
Players will also be able to change Eivor’s appearance via transmogrification, which lets you don a “fashion” item without compromising the stat bonuses of your current gear.
To celebrate the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla community, players will receive Altair’s Outfit, the Yule Gear Set and cosmetics, and 300 opals for free. To claim the rewards, they must access the Animus Store.
Two future updates will add more content for Ostara Season, including:
- Mastery Challenge: A second update will add a new game mode building on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s core combat mechanics, bringing a highly replayable combat experience. A Master arrives at the settlement, inspiring Eivor to train and perfect challenges to become a Master.
- Additional rewards
In Wrath of the Druids, available on April 29, players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.