The epic clash of Godzilla and Kong will wreak havoc to Call of Duty: Warzone starting May 11 until May 25, 2022. The Operation Monarch limited-time mode will offer players various rewards for participating in matches and completing challenges to help quell this monstrous invasion.
Here’s everything you need to know about Operation Monarch:
Call of Duty: Warzone Operation Monarch Limited-time Mode
Operators joining the event will need a full quad team to join the 60-player match using the Resurgence rule set with the aim of being the last team standing.
Your mission is to find Monarch Intel via supply boxes, special drops, and fallen enemies as these intel pieces will charge a special meter that will unlock items such as killstreaks and loadout drops. Not only that, a powerful Titan Killstreak reward will also be given if the meter is completely filled up.
Godzilla and Kong will be roaming around the map peacefully but any damage done to them will reward players with Monarch intel. Players have to be careful because when Titan Frenzy activates, all hell will break loose.
The squad that deals the most damage to either Godzilla or Kong during titan frenzy will get a special S.C.R.E.A.M. Device (Sonic Communication Radar and Echolocation Array Module), which lets them unleash Godzilla (Heat Ray) or Kong’s (Ground Pound) powers in battle.
Operation Monarch Challenge Unlock Guide
This event contains eight challenges — complete all eight to receive a special Ancient Rivalry Marksman Rifle Blueprint:
- Play Operation Monarch for 6 Hours: Reward — Epic “Ancestral Skull” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Once: Reward — Rare “Ancient Remains” Charm
- Use a Kong or Godzilla Killstreak Three Times: Reward — Rare “Monarch Eyes Only” Charm
- Deal 500,000 damage to Titans: Reward — Rare “Concrete Jungle” Sticker
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Kong in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward — Legendary “Team Godzilla” Emblem
- Deal 135,000 total damage to Godzilla in Titan Frenzy Events: Reward — Legendary “Team Kong” Emblem
- Collect 3,000 Monarch Intel: Reward — Epic “Skyline Crasher” Calling Card
- Place in the Top 15 twelve times in the Operation Monarch Limited-Time Mode: Reward — Epic “One Will Fall” Spray
Operation Monarch Bundle Details
There will be three “Monsterverse” Bundles inspired by Godzilla vs. Kong:
The Tracer Pack: Godzilla Reactive Mastercraft Limited Time Bundle contains nine items, including a Legendary “Godzilla Ghillie” Operator Skin for Shigenori and its other marquee item: the Heroic “Breath of Godzilla” Mastercraft Weapon Blueprint.
Outside of shooting cool-blue tracer rounds, the “Breath of Godzilla” can be phenomenal against Kong. Its extended magazines and low recoil help deliver consistent damage over time without too much aim adjustment. Against a target that jumps and stomps around, being able to keep a weapon steady with little effort can be crucial to success during a Titan Frenzy.
The other weapon in this Bundle, the Legendary “Awakened Alpha” LMG, is an overall menace against squads and monsters. Use it within a few dozen meters of your target to get reliable damage output.
The Tracer Pack: Kong Limited Time Bundle, which includes a Legendary “Kong” Operator Skin for Wade and other items, is where you will find three Legendary Weapon Blueprints: the “Temple of Kong” Sniper Rifle and “Skull Island Shaker” SMG, both of which shoot jungle green tracers, and “Kong’s Scepter.”
While awesome, “Kong’s Scepter” has limited range and is more recommended to be used against Operators. Whereas the “Temple of Kong” and “Skull Island Shaker” are loaded with extended magazines and built to deal consistent damage to either Titan at a reasonable range.
Specifically, the “Temple of Kong” can be a great weapon against Godzilla. Given that he is off the shoreline, this weapon’s extended range helps an Operator output great damage at a distance. And as a Secondary Weapon via the Overkill Perk, the “Skull Island Shaker” helps keep nearby enemy Operators at bay during Titan Frenzy attacks.
As much as we love Kong and Godzilla, we know the power of the Destroyer Titans and Apex Cybernetics combined can be enough to deal significant damage to the Protector Titans.
Whether you long for King Ghidorah’s return or just want to use the latest and greatest Apex technology for humanity’s sake, the Tracer Pack: Mechagodzilla Limited Time Bundle has two ranged weapons built for taking on Titans.
Both weapons feature rapid-fire attachments, with the “Cybernetic Destroyer” Assault Rifle able to pierce the thick defenses of Kong and Godzilla at midrange. The “Neural Uplink” SMG favors a bit more close-range action, for those unafraid to step up to beasts that stand over 300 feet tall or full squads that are distracted trying to “befriend” monsters.
Operation Monarch Event Survival Tips
1. Map Around the Monsters. The Tac Map shows current monster positions, while the minimap shows their area of attack. Check these often, especially during Titan Frenzy events.
2. Scavenge for Intel. The Titan Frenzy event isn’t the only way to earn a S.C.R.E.A.M. Device. Watch out for Intel supply drops, and be sure to open Supply Boxes and scavenge enemy bodies for additional intel, which can add up to Killstreaks, Loadout Drops, and the S.C.R.E.A.M. device.
3. Remember: Resurgence Rules. Being eliminated during Operation Monarch does not necessarily mean death. If your squadmates are down due to enemies or monsters, stay alive until they redeploy.
4. High Capacity, High Damage. Kong and Godzilla may never die, but you better believe that they will take tons of damage from a weapon with a large magazine and damage per second. Consider planning your Loadout for max-damage capacity if your squad is aiming to win a Titan Frenzy… Or look around for some conveniently placed heavy weaponry.
5. Strike, then S.C.R.E.A.M. Participating in Titan Frenzy events is one of the quickest ways to get a S.C.R.E.A.M. Device. Keep targeting either monster to get rewards, and consider saving them until the final circles for maximum damage.
Call of Duty: Warzone Operation Monarch is now ongoing until May 25, 2022.