Square Enix has announced that the upcoming Pixel Remaster of Final Fantasy VI has been delayed to February 2022, citing the need to give the “necessary time to apply final polish while finishing development on the game.”
Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster Pre-order Items
Additionally, pre-order items have been added by Square Enix for players who have either purchased the game individually or through the FF 1-6 Bundle, which includes the following:
- Locke’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- The Decisive Battle (Timelapse Remix)
- Terra’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Searching for Friends (Timelapse Remix)
- Aria di Mezzo Carattere (Instrumental)
- FF6: 2 types of wallpapers (in 5 different sizes – 3840 x 2160, 2560 x 1600, 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 1024, 1024 x 768)
- FF1-6: 2 types of pixel remastered series wallpapers (in 5 different sizes – 3840 x 2160, 2560 x 1600, 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 1024, 1024 x 768)
To be released for PC via Steam and Mobile, Final Fantasy VI is the last game in the Pixel Remaster series and is arguably one of the more anticipated titles compared to the previous releases. This Pixel Remaster will see some improvements to the game, including newly unveiled HD-2D screens from Famitsu.
Are you excited for this release coming in February 2022? When is Square going to release this for consoles?!