Watch Dogs: Legion is set to release later this month and as part of Ubisoft’s post-launch roadmap for the game, an online multiplayer mode will be available on December 3 as part of a free game update for all players.
The following features will be part of the free update in December:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-player co-op and explore the city of London and participate in side activities
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team
- Four-player co-op Tactical Ops missions which will require teamwork and efficiency
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four-to-eight players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch
Come 2021, more free single-player content will be made available such as new characters with new abilities, new missions, and a new game plus.
Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline was also announced, which is a story expansion that will give players access to a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce and Wrench from the previous Watch Dogs titles. Additionally, 2 other characters will be included in Bloodline, as unveiled just recently:
- Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order, thanks to a cross-over with Assassin’s Creed
- Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals
Watch Dogs: Legion will release on October 29, 2020 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Xbox Series versions will launch on November 10 and digitally on the PlayStation 5 on November 12, with the physical version to follow on November 24.