Riot Games Southeast Asia has launched the League of Legends: Wild Rift Southeast Asia Icon Series: Preseason, a five weekend-long regional tournament for League of Legends: Wild Rift.
The Wild Rift Southeast Asia Icon Series: Preseason will kick off on Februrary 26 with three-day long weekend tournaments in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, and Vietnam. With the schedule as follows:
- Vietnam (VNG) – February 26-28
- Malaysia (ESL) – March 6-7
- Taiwan (Cyber Games Arena) – March 11-14
- Thailand (ESL) – March 13-14
- The Philippines (PPGL) – March 20-21
- Indonesia (One Up) – March 19-21
- Singapore (Eliphant) – March 26-28
The tournament circuits will showcase the skill of Wild Rift players and teams across the region. Teams will be competing for the title of local champion.
The League of Legends: Wild Rift SEA Icon Series: Preseason will also feature appearances from season players and teams. Here are some of the teams confirmed to make an appearance:
- Indonesia – Alter Ego, Onic
- Malaysia – Berjaya Dragon, TODAK
- The Philippines – Bren Esports, RRQ PH, Team Secret
- Singapore – The Alliance
- Taiwan – Flash Wolves, ONE Team, TXO
- Thailand – King of Gamers Club
- Vietnam – V Gaming, Saigon Phantom, SBTC Esports
After Preseason, players in the region have a chance to compete in the Wild Reaft Southeast Asia Icon Series: Summer season. This will be an eight week -long competition where any team may join to compete to be the best in the region and go on to the pan-regional tournaments and compete for the first regional championship.
“The Southeast Asia Icon Series is our first step to grow League of Legends: Wild Rift into a regional esports worthy of our players’ passion and skills,”Chris Tran, Head of Esports for Riot Games Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
For more information, click here.