Square Enix has announced that the Voice of Cards series will be getting a second game later this month entitled Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden.
The first game in the series, The Isle Dragon Roars, was just released last October and this latest entry will be heading to the PS4, Switch, and PC via Steam digitally on February 17, 2022. Yoko Taro will still be involved as the Creative Director while Keiichi Okabe will continue to lend his talents as Musical Director.
Related – Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars Review
You can read about an overview of the game below:
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden is set on a remote chain of islands that have been protected by the maidens for generations, but which now face destruction. The hero of the story vows to save the islanders and sets sail for the high seas, together with Laty, a girl who failed to become a maiden.
The second game in the unique Voice of Cards series, where all elements are presented entirely through the medium of cards, in the tradition of tabletop RPGs and gamebooks.
A touching tale set in a world of melancholic beauty, brought to you by Yoko Taro (creative director), Keiichi Okabe (music director), and Kimihiko Fujisaka (character designer).
(This game is not a direct sequel to Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars. Both stories can be enjoyed as standalone game experiences.)
For fans of the NieR series, a NieR: Automata-themed bundle set will be available for purchase which includes the Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden game and several themed DLC items that unlock in-game content, such as:
- Puppet’s Costume – An additional design for Barren, Laty and Lac’s outfits
- YoRHa Emblem – Replaces the design on the backs of the cards with the YoRHa emblem
- 2B Avatar – A 2B-inspired design for the player avatar, which can be used on the world map
- The Copied City Board – A Copied City-themed battle board and gem box
- Machine Lifeform Table – A machine-lifeform-themed design for the game table
- Resistance Jukebox – Allows you to change the BGM to music that evokes the memory of theandroids who fought to the death for the sake of humanity
- Pixel Art Set – Replace all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art
- Automata Dice – A Pod-themed design for your dice
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden is set for a February 17 release for the PS4, Switch, and PC.