In a somewhat surprise reveal, a new Square Enix RPG launches on October 28 helmed by NieR Automata‘s very own Yoko Taro and will release for the PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC.
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars is a card-based RPG similar to the likes of Gwent from The Witcher and Final Fantasy VIII‘s Triple Triad. Instead of playing a mini-game within a game, why not have it as the actual game?
And not just the actual game, but every element features a card-based presentation, from the characters to the monsters and even the terrain!
A demo is now available to download via the PS Store and the Nintendo eShop.
Check out the trailer below:
NieR-themed DLC will also be available as a separate purchase, which will include the base Voice of Cards game, the Pixel Art Set DLC, and seven more DLC themed after NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…:
- Dress of the Bereft – Swaps the costumes of the protagonist, Mar and Melanie to the design of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…:
- Emil’s Pattern – Swaps the reverse card design to a design resembling Emil’s clothing
- Emil Avatar – Swaps the player’s avatar to a design resembling Emil
- Emil Dice – Swaps the dice to a design adorned with Emil’s face
- Grimoire Weiss Board – Swaps the battle board and accessories to designs patterned after Grimoire Weiss
- Library Desk – Swaps the table design to resemble a certain library’s stonework
- Devola’s Music – Swaps the general background music to a soundtrack that bring to mind the journeys of a certain young man who fought to save his sister.
- Pixel Art Set – Swaps all character and enemy illustrations to pixel art
The talent behind Voice of Cards is remarkable, which includes Creative Director Yoko Taro, Executive Producer Yosuke Saito (NieR series), and Music Director Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, NieR series), as well as Character Designer Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series).
While the creative vision is promising, I’m more excited for the soundtrack of this game, and you know how much I love Song of the Ancients.
Voice of Cards The Isle Dragon Roars will launch for the PS4, Switch, and PC on October 28.