Life Is Strange: Remastered Collection Trailer Features Visual Improvements
Come February 1, the Life is Strange: Remastered Collection will see its release across all major consoles, except the Switch (delayed), and players will be able to experience once again the iconic series from years ago.
A brand-new trailer was released to compare both old and new versions of the game, showing the visual improvements to the game. Overall, it;’s looking quite good, as the game is now being rendered in native 4K.
On top of that, there are many more improvements, some of which are quite intriguing to say the least – “Additional bones” and an updated bucket model.
Life Is Strange: Remastered Collection Visual Improvements
You can see the full list of improvements below:
- Now rendering in native 4K in Unreal 4, with a rebuilt lighting pipeline
- New and updated 4K-ready character models with increased polycounts and additional bones are visible throughout
- All character models feature more emotive and expressive animation, more natural hair physics, and updated tears, injuries, and more
- Max’s tears and expressions are more detailed with updated facial SFX
- Nathan and Chloe’s facial expressions and eyelines have been revamped
- New lip-sync animation throughout
- New and updated scenic materials for reflectivity and texture
- Updated models and materials for key props, ex. the bucket in the bathroom
Life is Strange Remastered Collection will see a February 1, 2022 release date for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC. The Switch release will follow later in the year.