Square Enix has announced that Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition is now available digitally for the PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam.
The classic from 1999 is brought back to life in this modern era, allowing players to experience the time-bending tale of adventure and friendship featuring one of the largest and most diverse casts of playable
characters in any RPG with more than 40 unique potential party members.
Players can now embark on an epic adventure featuring enhanced illustrations from original character designer, Nobuteru Yuuki, refined music from acclaimed composer, Yasunori Mitsuda, and a variety of additional improvements.
Players can look forward to the following improvements:
- 3D models converted to HD
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German, and Spanish localization are now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font
- Change screen resolution
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers – Le Trésor Interdit -, never before released in the West.
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics
For those looking for a physical edition to collect, Asia will be getting an exclusive physical release for the Nintendo Switch on April 26. Time to hit up your import contacts if you want to add another game to your collection!
Will you be playing Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition again?