It’s been one month since Elden Ring was released to the public and it would be a massive understatement to say that it has taken over discussions across various platforms, almost burying other titles within the same release window in the dust.
In fact, in less than 3 weeks since it launched, Elden Ring has already sold 12 million copies as announced by FromSoftware and Bandai Namco, which is huge considering its “niche” genre.
Players are scouring The Lands Between for its many secrets, and many have already passed through the toughest challenges of the game with flying colors. Players are breezing past the content despite its difficulty level, and the numbers backing it up cannot be denied.
*Minor spoilers below, secret trophies/achievements have been named*
*PS and Xbox are from the console records (thanks to Beramonde and Hikusaak), PC from the Elden Ring Steam Community page. Numbers accurate as of March 25, 2022.
Elden Ring PlayStation Trophy Percentages
It may be too soon to tell, but with how much traction the game is getting, it wouldn’t be a stretch to think that Elden Ring will be seeing some insane completion percentages in the following months. Just in the first month alone, the game is seeing a 3.7% platinum trophy rate, which takes into account completing most (if not all) of the challenging tasks in the game.
Of course, we cannot take this as a 1:1 comparison due to the difference in time windows but just to frame it a bit for context, the current platinum trophy percentages for other similar titles are as follows:
- Dark Souls Remastered – 8.8%
- Dark Souls 2 – 5.8%
- Dark Souls 3 – 5.3%
- Demon Souls (PS5) – 5.9%
- Bloodborne – 6.5%
- Sekiro – 9.6%
Elden Ring can possibly overtake some of the above titles in the near future at the pace it is going now, especially with guides flying around showing overpowered weapons and techniques that can kill bosses in a snap. Considering these percentages for other games are at least a couple of years old already, we’ll assume that they wouldn’t drastically change anytime soon.
For those asking, yes we have our Platinum too.
For endings, Elden Ring has three (in terms of trophies) – Elden Lord (7.5%), Age of the Stars (9.6%), and Lord of the Frenzied Flame (5.3%). Surprisingly, a bigger percentage of players took the Age of the Stars ending, which requires completion of a very long questline. A probable reason here is that these players wanted to get the Dark Moon Greatswo… Who am I kidding? They obviously did it for the four-handed doll lady, Ranni.
Compared to the endings of other similar games, this is how Elden Ring stacks up:
- Dark Souls Remastered – Dark Lord (22.8%), To Link The Fire (32.0%)
- Dark Souls 2 – The Heir (34.8%)
- Dark Souls 3 – The Usurpation of Fire (17.9%), The End of Fire (22.7%),
- Demon Souls (PS5) – Seekest Soul Power (14.3%)
- Bloodborne – Childhood’s Beginning (15.7%), Honoring Wishes (14.5%), Yharnam Sunrise (11.3%)
- Sekiro – Shura (15.4%), Dragon’s Homecoming (17.1%), Immortal Severance (21.1%), Purification (15.3%),
Other interesting trophy data shows Margit The Fell Omen being absolutely decimated by 70.5% of the population after giving most everybody a tough time when the game first launched, Godrick at 61.6%, Radahn at 40.4%, and arguably the toughest optional boss in the game, Malenia, at 14.2%. Other optional bosses like Dragonlord Placidusax and Lichdragon Fortissax have pretty low percentages at 10.5% and 13.6% respectively, even lower than Malenia.
Other noteworthy trophies in the Elden Ring list can be seen below:
- Maliketh the Black Blade – 16.7%
- Hoarah Loux the Warrior – 15.4%
- God-Slaying Armament – 21.7%
- Legendary Armaments – 5.9%
- Legendary Ashen Remains – 7.1%
- Legendarty Sorceries and Incantations – 6.8%
- Legendary Talismans – 6.8%
- Mimic Tear – 35.8%
- Astel, Naturalborn of the Void – 26.4%
Elden Ring Steam Achievements Percentages
According to the Elden Ring Steam Community site, here are some pertinent stats for Elden Ring’s achievements:
- Margit The Fell Omen – 72.9%
- Shardbearer Godrick – 64.8%
- Shardbearer Radahn – 44.7%
- Shardbearer Malenia – 18.6%
- Lichdragon Fortissax – 16.4%
- Dragonlord Placidusax – 13.6%
- Age of the Stars – 13.1%
- Elden Lord – 9.2%
- Lord of Frenzied Flame – 5.7%
- Elden Ring (All achievements) – 3.2%
Overall, very similar numbers when put side by side with PlayStation percentages, suggesting that a majority of the players are thoroughly engaged with the game and have made good progress with it.
Elden Ring Xbox Achievements Percentages
Over at the Xbox side of things, the Achievement percentages are as follows:
- Margit The Fell Omen – 56.53%
- Shardbearer Godrick – 46.55%
- Shardbearer Radahn – 26.89%
- Shardbearer Malenia – 7.29%
- Lichdragon Fortissax – 5.74%
- Dragonlord Placidusax – 4.90%
- Age of the Stars – 4.20%
- Elden Lord – 3.48%
- Lord of Frenzied Flame – 1.52%
- Elden Ring (All achievements) – 0.63%
Still very impressive as a whole, but these percentages are significantly lower compared to other platforms, so it would be nice to see if other factors played a role to merit the dip.
Overall, Elden Ring is showing extraordinary engagement across all platforms, and with hundreds of hours worth of content, the journey to becoming the Elden Lord is certainly one for the books.
Elden Ring is now available for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.